I was fortunate enough to be invited to Google HQ in Toronto this summer for an automotive industry marketing summit Dealer Huddle.
The event hosted by Google and cDemo took a deep look at industry trends via consumer search engine results yielding a wealth of insights. While unfortunately I can’t share the statistics due to disclosure issues, I can share some overall mind-opening topics that affect the automotive industry as a whole.
- Consumer adjusted time in market
- Average number of dealerships visited prior to purchase
- Online search trends
- Factors in consideration based on digital engagement
- The future of buying cars online
- Consumer perceptions of the automotive industry and barriers to purchase
- Digital merchandising: The push to ecommerce marketing in automotive
- Adwords competitiveness from dealer to dealer and corporate to dealer
- Keynote Dealer Principal speakers from major automotive groups
- Automotive Marketing Manager Q&A
Dealer Huddle was a huge hit. I’m looking forward to tweaking some digital strategies to align with what the Google machine is sharing. Stay tuned!